Sky Travels Terms and Conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply, however regional circumstances and regulations, contractual obligations to suppliers, and matters relating to location, product type and supply logistics may cause these to be varied slightly for specific products, or specific destinations.
· Travel arrangements and prices detailed on our web sites are provided and coordinated by Sky Travels.
· Sky Travels has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check all information on our web sites as at the time of compilation, however, as this information is supplied by the relevant accommodation & tour/cruise operators in our brochures, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or misdescription contained in the publications.
· Sales of services as contained in our publications are made by Sky Travels only as agent for the person, business or company providing the services. The standards of accommodation and other services chosen are based on various factors, which are generally accepted as indicative of a certain class.
· Sky Travels does not accept responsibility for any change in prices or variation of services as shown, and all services and prices are subject to change without notice.
· Sky Travels does not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of those service providers in connections with your convention pursuant to a contract between them and yourselves and over whom we have no direct control. We do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
· It is essential that you check with us, or your travel agent, for any changes or variations to the information shown on our web sites. This will allow us to advise you, or your agent, of any such changes that we are aware of either before you book your holiday, or prior to your departure.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
· Quotes, Rates and Price Variations: Our quotation system accesses both live pricing and static pricing depending upon the supplier. It is not uncommon for suppliers (e.g. Airlines, Cruise Liners and Hotels) to sell out, alter or withdraw prices including advertised special rates. If prices, rates or inclusions vary from your quotation or from an advertised price, we will advise you of any change prior to your booking request and any transaction being processed. If you do not wish to proceed with the booking at the new price, you may cancel the booking request at no cost to you. Once your booking has been confirmed and payment received, any new specials released cannot be applied to existing bookings. Prior to full and final payment being received, we reserve the right to vary prices and rates in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by wholesalers or other suppliers. If the cost of any service increases due to exchange rate fluctuations, price increases, tax changes or any other reason, you are required to pay the increase when notified by us or you may cancel the booking. We are not liable in any way if any increase occurs due to exchange rate fluctuations, taxes or supplier notifications. Rates quoted are appropriate to the particular product at the time of quoting and these rates may change prior to the travel date. All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
· Bookings - Deposits & Final Payments: Bookings travelling more than 45 days out will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit based on the supplier's terms at the time of confirmation with the balance owing payable 45 days prior to travel (the “due date”). The amount will vary per booking depending on the supplier's requirements. Prior to the due date, the balance owing may be paid by one of our payment options. Final Payments paid using Credit Card or PayPal will be subject to Merchant Fees. In some cases, our suppliers require payment more than 45 days prior to travel. If this is the case you will be notified at time of booking. We will email you a final payment reminder. Travel vouchers and booking confirmations cannot be issued until final payment is received. If you fail to pay by the due date, we reserve the right to automatically charge the credit card provided to complete the final payment. Any booking not paid in full by the due date is subject to automatic cancellation without further notification. Any deposit paid will be forfeited or, at your request, it may be used as a payment towards an alternative booking. Deposit conditions for certain accommodation and tour products may vary and we will advise you of these conditions and request your consent prior to proceeding with the booking. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
· Airline Bookings: Airlines are instant purchase and Airlines require full payment upfront by credit card or PayPal only. We are unable to accept direct deposits for airline purchases.
· Direct Deposit: There are no card fees associated with this form of payment. Direct Deposits must be made 48 hours prior to the due date to ensure funds are received in time.
· Payment Processing Terms & Conditions: By providing your credit card details and accepting our Terms & Conditions, you authorize Travel Online to arrange for funds to be debited from your nominated credit card, in accordance with the terms & conditions of the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement (DDRSA) as amended from time to time.
Flight Cancellation Policy:
· Flights booked on this website are governed by the terms and conditions of the airfare you purchased and are determined by the Airline (not Sky Travels).
· In most cases, airfares are fully non-refundable and non-transferable.
· Airline charges or part or full cancellation fees may apply to your particular airfare.
· A Travel Consultant will help you wherever possible within these terms and conditions.
Cruise Cancellation Policy:
· Deposited cruise bookings - Cancellation of Deposited cruise bookings will be charged a cancellation fee per person PLUS any cancellation fees that are levied by the cruise, hotel, airline or other suppliers.
· Cruises booked on this website are governed by the terms and conditions of the Cruise and are determined by the Cruise (not Sky Travels).
· Part or full cancellation fees may apply to your particular cruise as per the terms and conditions of the Cruise.
· A Travel Consultant will help you wherever possible within these terms and conditions.
Deposit Now, Decide Dates Later Terms & Conditions
· A “Deposit Now, Decide Dates Later” purchase is not a confirmed travel booking. It is purely a deposit paid to secure the promoted offer you have selected.
· The per person price quoted is based on 2 people, twin share in the specified room. Adding extra people and/or changing the room type may incur additional costs, which will be communicated to you for your consent, prior to the final booking being confirmed.
· Once we confirm your travel dates, you will be required to pay the balance owing to complete the purchase. This balance will be required to be paid in full as per our normal terms and conditions of booking.
· Sky Travels credit can be used towards the purchase of any other travel offer available on the Sky Travels website.
· All other normal Sky Travels terms and conditions apply.
· Special Cancellation Conditions: Certain air tickets, accommodation and tour products will apply additional cancellation charges. These cancellation conditions and costs are located under the pricing on the individual pages and will be clearly advised to you in writing at time of booking.
· Amendment Fees and Booking Amendments: Any amendments made to confirmed bookings will incur a fee; This is in addition to any fees that may be levied by the supplier or airline.
· Change of Itinerary After Holiday Has Commenced: Any alteration or cancellation of services after your holiday has commenced can incur penalties. There is no refund for unused services.
· Refunds: All refund requests must be in writing, and made direct to us or through the Agent from whom the travel arrangements were purchased. Claims must be made within 10 days of completion of travel arrangements. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather or illness. These must be claimed through your travel Insurance. No refunds will be made for services once travel arrangements have commenced. No guarantee is provided or warranted that any refund will be available.
· Reporting of Incidents: Any abnormal incidents including injuries, service problems, cancellation of a service or dissatisfaction must be reported to Sky Travels during the event to allow us an opportunity to rectify the situation or provide assistance.
· Validity of Rates: Prices are valid for the dates indicated.
· Children's Rates: Child costs are based on sharing a room with adults and using existing bedding. Cost for additional bedding and rollaway are available on request.
· Travel Insurance: It is extremely important that you take out Travel Insurance. It is ESSENTIAL that this insurance covers you for involuntary cancellation of your holiday including airfare(s). For information on the policy sold by Sky Travels please visit our Travel Insurance page and make yourself familiar with the Combined Product Disclosure Statement, Policy Wording and Financial Services Guide prior to purchasing the policy. At the time of entering your credit card details on the booking form you are agreeing that you have read both the Sky Travels & Insurance Terms & Conditions.
Full amount is due at time of booking and policy issued within 5 working days of payment being received. Credit card and direct deposit accepted. NOTE: Dates of birth are required to issue insurance. Until dates of birth are known we cannot issue the policy as mandatory requirement. Cover only commences when paid in full and policy issued.
· Accommodation: We reserve the right to offer alternative accommodation of a similar standard in the case the accommodation operator overbooks their property or for any reason beyond our control. All rates are subject to change without notice. Not all properties provide instant availability and, in these cases, Sky Travels checks availability once we receive the booking request.
The copyright on all original/custom artwork, maps, navigation elements, presentation methods and design elements included in our web sites is held exclusively by Sky Travels. Copyright on all descriptive text is held by Sky Travels. Copyright on selected photographic images is also held by Sky Travels.
Photographic images are reproduced with the permission of Sky Travels and the product and/or service providers represented on the web site, or as shown where necessary to satisfy the copyright obligations associated with their electronic reproduction.
Where joint copyright is held over proprietary text or images, Sky Travels reserves the right to pursue all copyright infringements on behalf of the primary copyright holder. Where the copyright for a photographic image is held exclusively by a third party under license, Sky Travels reserves the right to vigorously protect the copyright of those images on behalf of the third party.
All custom graphics used are declared to be works of art created for use by Sky Travels only, and as such are subject to international intellectual property conventions. Image files, HTML documents, and text files are not to be relocated to another server, or duplicated for commercial purposes without the express written permission of Sky Travels.
Our complaint process
Where possible, we will attempt to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact. If we are unable to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact, we will undertake an investigation of your complaint and provide you with our findings. If you are satisfied with our proposed decision or actions, we will close your complaint and record the findings for our continuous improvement program.